Monday, September 6, 2010

Sønderborg and guests from NZ

Old mill
I have been visiting Sønderbog today. My friend from New Zealand was visiting Denmark, to see her family and friends.
Sønderborg Slot
And last time she were home, I never got to see her. But this time we succeeded, in spite of her busy schedule, visiting all the friends and family who all wanted to say hi :) I am happy we got together this time. And the fact that the sourroundings were super nice and the weather was the best in a long time, just made it all better.

The beach where we got to sit for a moment. 


Sønderborg slot and the old bridge
Now that the weather were THAT nice, we decided to go for a walk in the old and beautiful city. I don't even know Sønderborg that weel, but from my expression today I am in love!! WHAT a beautiful city with awesome surrroundings, with beach, city, harbour and city life... and still with a very calm feeling to it.
And the bridge goes up...
I love cities,in wich you can walk to both nature, water and city. :) I know we have a lot of those cities. But some cities just feels more right....

No matter what, I had a great time and we got to talk about a lot of great things. And we ended the day with a glass of wine by an open-air cafe down town Sønderborg. If there were any open-air cafes in my own little village, I would use it a lot!

Old streets
And last but not least, we went back to the house via old roads with old houses. Very nice! :) And sadly everything has it end and I had to go home again. .... btw did you ever notice the spectacular view over Alssund? Nice!

Thank you for a very nice and cozy afternoon Henriette :) Very nice to see you again !!

No comments:

Post a Comment