Sunday, July 31, 2011

Finished lamp project


Lamps are done!!! :) The weather today was great for painting outside... no wind and a great temperature. 

Oh and did they turn out great or what??! I love that color! Which the observant reader already knows ;)


No matter what, I can't wait to hang them on the wall. I just need two click-switches to put on the wires, so that I am able to turn the light on and off, like the original lamps. The old switches are broken.... or at least one of them was... the other one was a new one, but in a dark gray color, NOT good !!

But I guess I'll find two new ones tomorrow. And then I'll have to find some light bulbs that fits, without beeing visible.


The procedure for this is very simple. Take the lamps apart, cover with painters tape (see previous post) and find a good spot with no wind, to paint your lamps. I choose my parents garage, to do it... with no wind at all, and just in case it would start to rain.  And remember, to move your car more than a few feet away, when painting with spray paint!!! Just sayin!!!  (my father knew this, so it's not my fault that his old ugly car now has a nice shade of lime green!! ) ;)

But all in all I guess the project turned out great :) And now I am looking for two more of these lamps, for Nanna. She wishes for a navy blue set for her room.





No comments:

Post a Comment