Friday, October 22, 2010

The coat continued...


I have been working like crazy here :) I have now finished alle the feathers. I still need a tiny bit of white and orange fabric, for the project to finish.
But on the photo above, I have placed all the parts temporarily on the part of fabric that will be on the back of the coat. How does it look? Is it how it should be?
To show how much space I have for the bird, I have postet a photo below. The part inside the pencils is the space I have. That is the part on the middle of the back.


This show that there isn't that much space to work with. You can also see it on this drawing!
But all in all the project is in progress and is turning out better than I thought in the first place. But now I have a few questions. Should I iron on all the parts now and then sew them on? Or should I iron and sew them one at a time? Well maybe the body first and then all the feathers?

And then I am looking for some shiny yarn in bright green and blue. I bought some the other day, but it is waaay to thin. I have to use at least 5 threads together, to make it show. Any ideas? Maybe crochet yarn?

If you click the photo above, to see it in it's full size, you can see that I have placed a small bead on each feather. I am thinking about sewing one on each feather...  But that is just one of several things I am still thinking about.. There will be a lot of finishing touches to do after this.

Exciting exciting... I have a hard time leaving it on the sewing table.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment