Saturday, October 16, 2010

Project Coat

will it work?
I have been playing with "project-coat"! I have been dreaming about owning an original Desigual coat, but since I can't afford it, I started to play with other ideas like a "Poulsen-coat"!

Peacocks are so beautiful and I really love them and their colors. Sooo right now I play with the thought of putting one on the back of my coat.

From the beginning I wanted to make an embroidy. But I have found out that it's pretty expensive, as I need a company to do it, because of the size.
So instead I am thinking about applicating it on the coat. And the fabric will be different kinds of shiny fabrics, in the colors blue and green.
The part down the middle of the coat, where the bird will be, will be coated with black satin-like fabric, with subtle print of flowers in it... black in black. So that both the coat and the background behind the bird, will be black.

On the straps on the back, with the buttons and the pockets in front, I will sew satin in the same colors as the peacock. And on single button in front, will be coated with fabric too.

I wonder if this will work?! I tend to aim too high sometimes. I have NEVER tried to applicate anything before! ;)

For those who cannot picture it :) my sketch:

No comments:

Post a Comment