Wednesday, October 20, 2010

I started on the coat


So now the coat is in the process :) And I even let you guys see the first feather... it became a little ugly, but okay for a first try. Practise makes better, I have heard. So I continue to pracise!


I started by making some squares of fabric with vliesofix on it. After that I drew the feathers on it. The pattern I made by laminating a drawing, and then cut it out. That way they will last longer. It was a great idea that my dear librarian Lisbeth told me. And she is awesome at doing this.




Right now I have cut out 16 feathers, ready to be sewn together. That is about half of the feathers on the finished bird. The next batch will be a little smaller. And it kind of scares me a bit... since this size is already tough enough to make. Especially the black part in the middle.
So if any of you readers is sitting out there with great tricks and ideas on how to make this easier, please let me know :)

In this post I have used mobile photos only. Not very great photos, but much more handy now that I am sitting and working by the sewing maschine :)

No comments:

Post a Comment