Sunday, October 24, 2010

Knitmaster and trees


Today I bought myself an Emperial Knitmaster, and immediately started to knit x-mas trees. A dear friend of mine, allready had a machine like this, just without an instruction manual. But now we have one for sharing.... And she fought to find out how it worked, without!!
I got hooked from looking at her work, and for years I have wanted one of these, but never got to do anything about it. I thought they were more expensive.

So now was the time...

THe first thing I tried was, as told, x-mas trees. They are made of 6 triangles each. So I have practised decreasing my work ;) And I REALLY have practised to knit with a "Cookie-monster" on my lap!!!


But finally I won the battle... here you go: 6 triangles... knitted and sewn together. :) Just ready for the laundry machine. I have used yarn from Holst yarn, great yarn for this too.


Aaaand here you go, a finished tree, right from the laundry machine. :) So it's still wet and not so fluffy as wanted. But hope it will be better when dry.
For a tree like this, I have used 50 g of yarn.

So now the question is...  Is it okay with Purple trees? :) I have only purple yarn now... so I guess it will be okay... and matching my home all year aroung ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment