Thursday, August 11, 2011

Lucky me


Take a look - am I just lucky or what? A fabulous woman from our village, heard that I was looking for some old embroideries.... and she never forgot. So today I received those on the above photo.... and before that, I have received those below, from time to tome :)

I feel lucky to know her... because I am NOT good at finding these treasures myself.

So now I only have to decide on a project or two :) For a long time I have wanted a laptop bag with embroidery on the front. And I also have an old legrest/stool, that I have been thinking about recovering ... including a part of an embroidery. And finally an old square stool (puf) made out of leather I would do the same way, BUT now Nanna have claimed it to be hers... So I guess I will have to find another project !

But first my stool / legrest. And since it has to fit with the colors of my livingroom, lime green, sea blue, a dash of red and orange etc.... I really can't decide on one embroidery to use :) The one with the woman in the kitchen is way to dark a shade of green....


The two kids, waking hand in hand is pretty nice too... but that one I think will end up on a bag.... but the ships could be good for a bag too :) Hmmm what to do?

First of all, I have to take them out of the frames and give them a gentle wash... as shey really smells of gross cigars and old cellars!! But that could be tomorrows project! Together with putting up a shelf or two... and some lamps.

 NOW the vacation is over !!! ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment