Friday, August 26, 2011

Thunder


A moment ago, a thunderstorm went over our heads here in my village. But is it really me who remember something wrong? I seem to remember, that back when I was a small child, thunderstorms were more violent and full of huge lightnings.... And I seem to remember that they storms went on for a longer time, each time.

I love to photograph lightning, but actually I am pretty afraid of thunder. My heart goes bom bom like crazy and I yell OHH and ARGH! But still... I stand there with my camera ready.

Where we lived before, we had a store behind our garden, with some kind of a portio along the house, with a roof over it... So I could photograph without getting wet. And back there I were lucky to catch the above photo and a few more.


But today I wasn't that lucky... the thunderstorm were brief and with only a few lightnings... then it is hard to be lucky!


IS it really me who remembers wrong? Was there more severe thunderstorms back then? Well I can see we get's way more rain now... but lightnings.... I don't think we see that many anymore?


And every time we're having a thunderstorm, after Nanna returned from Oklahoma she just says: "Pfff that? That is nothing mom.... I really miss a true Oklahoma thunderstorm!"  I am super currious to see for myself, what it is that she saw over there :)(must be something like this that she saw:











No comments:

Post a Comment