Sunday, September 11, 2011

GOSH


Today, was a day where I should have been relaxing on the couch, with a good movie. But the weather was so great and the lawn needed my attention very bad!! So no more procrastinating .... so I got out the lawnmower and started the hard work.

Goosh what hard work that was. I blame myself each time, I let the grass grow that high. At the same time, I blamed the wet weather we've had this summer. But if I have to be honest, and I do, it's more about procrastinating than the weather.

So today was the day I finally got myself together and did it. And not just the lawn were mowed, I also weeded the garden. You know, those round and square parts of the garden, in wich there are supposed to be visible soil, with no weeds and with pretty flowers. Except, at my place they are all empty, except for a few Hostas and a nice amount of weeds. And the weeds aren't quite tall enough to grab, but high enough to look really bad.

So down on my knees, to grab all that green stuff and remove it. So now you can actually see the soil.... or should I say the sand and stoneish soil we have here.... but NO weeds at all. Actually the garden looks presentable now! :)

And I have to laugh a little about myself, by thinking about what I was told this spring... Do NOT plant new flowers, bushes or similar untill the fall... or you will have to spend all summer outside, with a waterhose.
But what did we get? Rain rain and then some more rain. So actually I could have had a great garden by now ;)

But okay, now I can sit down and smile, because I have done the hard work, for a while. But maybe I'll hate myself tomorrow, bacause I HAD to do both the lawn and the garden at the same day.... But that's the price for beeing stubborn.

Nanna have been inside all day, doing her homework, at the dinner table. Only distracted by a beautifull sunray, that appraently called for a photoshoot of herself. And I am just happy that she didn't forget all about the joy of photography. And I snatched her photo and made the colors as I like it. :)

But now, the blue eyed girl and I, will get us something for dinner. We both deserve it. And a breake for Nanna, in the middle of her math ... I wonder if she have time for it ? :)






No comments:

Post a Comment